Autism 101: Understanding the Autism Spectrum for Professionals
This workshop is designed for professionals wishing to develop a basic understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder(ASD). This workshop explores four core areas affected by ASD: communication, social interaction, sensory issues and behavior. Basic strategies for interacting with and supporting individuals with ASD will be discussed.
- To build understanding of ASD
- To explore some of the reasons an individual with ASD may react differently
- To develop a broader understanding of why and how information may need to be presented in a more structured way
- To review basic strategies to support an individual with ASD
- To understand resources available in the community